LUTHERAN CHURCH MISSOURI SYNOD
With the universal Christian Church, The LCMS teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God:
- the Father, creator of all that exists;
- Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan;
- the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God’s Word and Sacraments.
The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.
Declaring the Gospel to those who do not know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, calling them into faith, while sharing and strengthening the faith of our members and fellow believers.
What We Believe as Christian Lutherans
- Grace Alone – salvation is the free gift of God the Father’s grace (undeserved mercy).
- Faith Alone – God the Son, Jesus Christ, is our Savior who paid the price for our sins by dying upon the cross and then rising from the dead. God the Holy Spirit leads us to trust Christ and keeps us faithful in our Christian life.
- Scripture Alone – the Bible is the Word of God and the source of all we believe, teach and do.